How else can I support your work?
- Is your newsroom hiring? Send the job listing to our jobs email list firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you a journalist willing to donate your time and expertise to lead skills trainings for our members? Reach out!
- Share our style guide and employer best practices resources with your newsroom and your colleagues.
- Are you a trans, nonbinary, or gender-expansive person working in media? Join our online spaces for trans journalists! Learn more about membership and how to get involved.
- Does your news organization want to partner on programming related to best practices for trans coverage or employer policies? Let's chat.
- Does your employer offer donation matching through a program like Benevity? Some employers match donations to our fiscal sponsor, which can be earmarked for us. Share our work with your colleagues!
Email email@example.com to get in touch about any of these.
How do I donate?
You can contribute to our organization directly through our donation page. If you'd like to donate by check or another platform, contact the Tiny News Collective's finance manager for information on how to mail a check written out to our fiscal sponsor with a memo for the Trans Journalists Association.
Is the Trans Journalists Association a nonprofit?
Yes, the Trans Journalists Association is incorporated as a nonprofit and is a fiscally sponsored project of Tiny News Collective Inc, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
What does that mean?
Tiny News Collective will receive grants for the TJA's charitable purposes of serving trans journalists and trans journalism, provide oversight to ensure that grant funds are used in accordance with grant agreements, and provide reports as required by the grantor.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, your donation is tax-deductible to the extent of the law, as long as no goods or services were exchanged. You will receive an email receipt of your donation for your records. If you need additional confirmation, contact Tiny News Collective's finance manager.
What will my donation support?
We are a growing organization that is actively fundraising to launch new events and programs. Broadly, your donation will support our work to increase the accuracy and nuance of journalism on trans communities and the issues facing them, as well as our programs that seek to train and retain trans journalists in our industry.
What sort of programs are you developing?
For 2023-24, our priorities include securing funding to develop newsroom training programs, establish coverage grants for high-impact journalism on trans issues, and develop more robust quick-response infrastructure for newsrooms encountering complex reporting questions on trans issues. We also hope to expand existing programs that serve our membership of trans journalists and develop travel funds, formal mentorship programs, and more.