The Trans Journalists Association welcomes trans, nonbinary, or gender-expansive people who work within the journalism industry in any capacity (including editorial, business, product, journalism education, other employees of media organizations, etc) or whose work directly supports journalism. That can be part-time, full-time, or freelance.
Why should I join?
Joining gives you access to:
- Private community spaces to network, share your work, and discuss trans journalism and experiences in the industry
- Members-only skills trainings and other internal events
- The TJA jobs board, which receives listings from newsrooms
- Our database of trans freelancers
- Qualification for members-only professional opportunities, such as our fellowship partnership with Insider or webinars about freelance opportunities